Need help to pass Math Methods?
Hi I’m Michael Wion and I tutor Math Methods students. I’ve helped many Methods students improve their understanding and results and I’ll do the same for you.
I’ll make Math Methods easy for you to understand and I’ll answer the questions that you’re not getting help with at school. I’ll also show you exactly what you need to do to get the results you want.
Are Any Of These Things Happening?
- Most of the time you’re taking notes in class and not shown how to solve enough problems to understand how to do them on your own.
- You don’t really understand the way your teacher explains the problems.
- Your teacher goes too fast for you to fully take in the concepts and all of the steps in the problems that you’re shown in class.
- You’re getting stuck on a lot of the harder questions but your teacher doesn’t go through enough of them in class.
- You feel like you understand most of the set work when you do it but you’re still not getting the kind of marks that you want in your tests and SAC’s.
- You’re falling behind and you’re worried about failing Methods.
Most of the students who come to me for tutoring in Math Methods have one or more of the above things happening to them.
In their first lesson things start to change for the better.
What To Expect From Tutoring Lessons
- Have a better understanding of Math Methods. The questions you’re stuck on will make sense to you because I’ll explain them in a way that you understand. If you don’t understand them at first I’ll explain them in a different way until you do understand them.
- Be able to get through more questions each week as your understanding and confidence grows. You may even get to the point where you’re ahead of your class.
- Learn key things that will make Math Methods easier to learn and understand that your teacher may not be telling you.
- Become more confident about having a go at harder problems as your understanding of each topic improves.
Your results will improve if you put in the effort. There are specific things you need to be doing to do well at Math Methods – the more of them you do the better your results will be.
I can’t guarantee that your results will improve – that part depends on how much homework you do. The only thing I can guarantee is that you will understand Maths Methods a lot better because I’ll always explain it to you in a way that you will understand.
Small Group lessons
If you’re really struggling you may need a few private lessons to get started. Depending on how easy you find Math Methods to do you may benefit more from being in a group lesson.
Most students tend to do better in groups. They like to work through questions on their own and get help from me when they need it. By getting through some questions on their own they feel more confident about doing more of them on their own at home.
They also learn from the questions that other students ask in group lessons.
Private lessons are best for students who find Methods relatively easy but need help with the harder problems they’ve been stuck on since their last lesson.
They are generally ‘A’ or ‘B’ grade students. They don’t need to work on similar questions in the tutoring lesson because they have the skills and understanding to get through similar problems on their own at home.
Students who don’t find Methods as easy as these higher grade students tend to rely on their private lesson each week and will actually benefit more from being in a group lesson.
Is there a set format for group lessons?
There’s no set format for group lessons. I’ve asked my group students if they would prefer to have a set format for each lesson and they’ve all said that they would rather work individually on what they need to.
Mainly because they might already understand the concepts that would be covered in a set format lesson. And because they are all at a different point of learning and understanding.
And also because they need to have their specific questions answered.
Getting Started With Tutoring
To find out more or make an appointment for an assessment lesson contact me on
0410 577 469
If you’re interested in having Skype or Zoom tutoring then:
- Contact me on 0410 577 469
- Or book a free 25min assessment lesson via Skype using the form below.
B.Sc. Dip.Ed. (Monash)
Maths Methods Tutor
Frankston, Vic 3199
I’ve Tutored Students Who Attended These Schools
Haileybury College – Toorak College – The Peninsula School – Padua College – John Paul College – Woodleigh – Balcombe Grammar – Melbourne High School – Mentone Boys & Girls Grammar – Lilydale High School – Frankston High School – McClelland College – Elizabeth Murdoch College – Bayside Christian College – St.Leonards – St.Peters in Cranbourne – Frankston Tafe – Kilbreda College – Dromana Secondary College – Patterson River Secondary College – Carrum Downs Secondary College
Most of them did very well in Methods. Some found it very challenging but did the best they could. A couple of them were Dux at their school. Some were struggling with Maths when they came to me for tutoring and ended up doing Methods.
Some of them turned their Maths around from struggling with year 8 Maths to being good enough to do Methods in year 12 and eventually did well in their final exams.
All of them improved their results at school. All of them gained confidence with Maths. Some of them completely turned their results around.