Parents: Is your child falling behind in Maths? Are they ready to stop struggling and start getting better results at school?
What if there was a simple process, that once learned could immediately take your child to new heights of success in Maths? That could radically transform how they approach their schooling and actually lead to better results.
When your child knows how to integrate basic Maths skills into their schoolwork, then they’ll be able to do harder Maths. Once they know how to do the harder Maths, then they’ll be able to transform their results.
Now I’ve helped more than 350 school students take their Maths to the next level, but when I first started out, I had no idea what they needed to do, to understand Maths more easily.
Now I’m in a different place – I’ve touched the hearts of students from many schools in the Bayside area. I’ve had in the tens of thousands of views for my online tutorials and I’ve helped hundreds of students to learn the secrets of doing Maths.
And it all started with learning how to teach the basics of Maths.
How My Tutoring Will Help Your Child
- Your child will understand Maths a lot better – The main reason students like my tutoring is because I explain Maths to them in simple terms, in a way that they always understand. If they don’t understand the first way I explain it to them, I’ll keep trying different ways until they do understand it.
- Your child will learn how to think mathematically – I’ll engage your child in the learning process by asking them what each step is, rather than just telling and showing them each step. Their answers will guide me as to where to lead them next.
This strategy is incredibly effective because even if your child doesn’t know the answer to my questions, just having a go, even if it’s a wild guess, will build their confidence over time, and they’ll end up with a better understanding of the problem solving process.
- Your child will become confident with Maths – Over time they’ll lose the fear of getting the wrong answer and their confidence will grow and will extend into other areas of their schooling and life. I have seen this happen with every student who has come to me for tutoring and continued with tuition on a weekly basis.
What Your Child Will Learn
- Key Maths skills that will build a solid foundation for their year level of Maths.
- How to set out their work in a logical step by step manner.
- Easy but effective ways of getting homework done.
My Tutoring Includes The Following
– Diagnostic testing (Basic Maths).
– Structured lessons for learning remedial basic Maths including homework exercises.
– Lessons specifically tailored to the Maths that your child needs help with.
– Mentoring and support if your child has poor organisation skills.
– Help with school homework and practice SAC’s.
– Transition to Year 7 preparation during holidays.
– VCE exam preparation during term breaks.
– Exam and test preparation for all Year levels.
Private & Small Group Lessons
I offer private and small group lessons for students. In these lessons each student is helped with the specific areas of Maths they need help with. Zoom or Skype are the main teaching aids.
They are also given homework, study tips & advice and mentoring and support if they have poor organisational skills.
I also let them know if there are things that they are doing that are making Maths harder to learn and I suggest better ways of doing those things.
VCE Math Methods Tutoring
Most Math Methods students get stuck at some point. Usually on the harder questions. Then they start falling behind. They don’t find out how to do those harder questions. They can’t keep up with the new work they’re getting because it’s based on the work they didn’t understand…
Click HERE for more details.
Back To Basics Essentials – Year 5 to 10
If your child is struggling with Maths or has a history of struggling then its more than likely they have gaps in their understanding of the basics. If these gaps are not filled in your child WILL continue to struggle with Maths and find it difficult to make significant progress at school…
Click HERE for more details.
I’ve Tutored Students Who Attended These Schools
- Haileybury College – Toorak College – The Peninsula School – Padua College – John Paul College – Woodleigh – Balcombe Grammar
- Melbourne High School – Mentone Boys & Girls Grammar – Lilydale High School – Frankston High School – McClelland College
- St.Peters in Cranbourne – Frankston Tafe – Kilbreda College – Dromana Secondary College – Elizabeth Murdoch College
- Patterson River Secondary College – Carrum Downs Secondary College – Bayside Christian College – St.Leonards
All of them gained confidence with Maths. All of them improved their results at school. Some of them completely turned their results around. I’ve really enjoyed helping all of them to get the understanding and confidence with Maths and ultimately better results at school.
If you decide to try my tutoring it will be my pleasure to teach your child Maths and help them to become confident with Maths and get better results at school.